+351 218 418 265
Main research interests:
- coupled hydro-mechanical behaviour of natural and improved soils;
- consideration of chemical and electric effects on clay behaviour;
- characterization of the electrical, chemical and thermal properties of clays;
- biocementation of sands and biodeposition in porous media;
- constitutive modelling of natural and structured materials considering their degree of saturation and structure loss due to loading-unloading and wetting-drying cycles.
- soil improvement techniques;
- decontamination of clayey soils;
- soil suction measurement in situ and in the laboratory;
- numerical simulation of soil-atmosphere interaction in slopes and embankments, including dams;
- long term predictions of deformations of soil and rockfill structures.